Monday, January 31, 2011

MP-09 Cybertron Protector Rodimus Convoy



Finally the anticipated MP-09 Rodimus Convoy is here at last. There are 2 versions of it, one from Japan and the other from Hong Kong.

The difference between them is that the Hong Kong Version is getting 3 more items: A collector's coin, a goodie bag and a display box.

In my opinion, the only reason I will get the Hong Kong version is just for the collectors coin, so in the end, I got 2 of the Japan version which in future when my new home comes, I will display both which one will be as Hot Rod and the other will be as Rodimus Prime.


Internal Packaging


Instructions Booklet


Bio Card




The robot mode



The trailer and battlestation mode




The weapons before and after combine




The matrix



Vehicle Mode (Hot Rod and Rodimus Prime)




Some of us may have read about how the transformation is to go from hot rod to rodimus prime vehicle mode but still unable to visualize them, here are some photo to help clear your doubts






Mp-09 is overall the nice figure, however imho the quality is not as good as the rest of the master pieces from TakaraTomy so far. This figure feels more towards a Hasbro toy instead and we are able to see some clip marks and some loose pieces. I will explain more with the following pics


Clip marks beside the head


The cockpit cover for Rodimus Prime vehicle mode is quite loose when hidden under the trailer and tends to drop down.


These are the minor issues, and there are also some parts where we need to take note when transforming them:


When transforming the face from Hot Rod to Rodimus Prime, do not push Hot Rod's face too inside, if not you will need a pin or something to push it back out when you wanted to transform the face back.


From the bottom in vehicle mode, we can see a small part protruding out which is the "waist plate". I'm not sure whether due to my transforming that some parts are not inline properly causing this protruding piece which will touch the floor or whether this is a design fault.
I will revisit this again next time I take it out again and see if I still have the same results.


Overall this is still a great piece with interesting transformation design and you really got to have some patience when transforming as it requires a lot of adjustments to make the perfect vehicle transformation. (I have only transformed it once so I've still not perfected the transformation yet.) Definitely not for kids.


1 comment:

  1. I would say that honestly, fragility in the Masterpiece line is more of a Takara thing. Look at the original release of MP-03. Or MP-05. It almost feels like Takara decided "Lol these r adult collectibles not child's playthings so who cares abt durability"

    ReplyDelete